Firing Into Melee

When using a ranged attack on an opponent in melee, the attacker has two choices:

  • Take a -4 to attack to make sure they target their desired opponent (essentially a called shot)
  • Take a chance that in the chaos of fighting their shot hits a different target. Odds of hitting are based upon the number of creatures and their size. All creatures of the same size have equal chances, while larger ones have greater chances
    Examples: 4 humans in close melee (each has a 25% chance of being hit); 2 humans fighting an ogre (size L) 50% chance of hitting the ogre and 25% ea for the humans.

Firing Into Melee

Vermont Gamers GeoffreyGiampa GeoffreyGiampa